Spread Falkon

Schimon Jehudah sjehuda at yandex.com
Wed Nov 22 05:40:23 GMT 2023

Juraj, good day!

On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 21:38:41 +0100
Juraj Oravec <jurajoravec at mailo.com> wrote:

> Hello Schimon,
>
> > In any case, the matter is that Falkon isn't subjected to the
> > shenanigans of the big vendors.
>
> Falkon is in the middle of this fight.
> QtWebEngine (the core component for web browsing) is buiold upon
> Chromium. Go and figure in what direction things may go.

Currently, Falkon, Nyxt, Otter, qutebrowser etc. are relied on WebKit
derivatives.

Yet, in the case of web browsers mentioned above, it would be
different, because non is dependent on special branding, non is
deceitful and unlike the big vendors, these web browsers actually offer
real solutions to real problems.

In case new limitations come accross the WebKit backend, then a new
fork of WebKit will emerge, with hardened security and privacy, making
it even better to be separated from the big vendors.

That would also be a great opportunity to remove the logo from the
"What's New" in the console drawer.

Rest assured, the big vendors, as they always do, will try to abuse
their status against such move by applying self proclaimed standards,
DRM and other sorts of privacy invasive components in the idiotic
excuse of security.

Schimon