[KDE Eco] Possible sustainable software sprint in April

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Mon Jan 29 21:16:38 GMT 2024

We are looking into organizing a sprint around the sustainable software
goal in the time frame of April 19th to 24th. This would be an in-person
meeting, probably in Berlin. KDE e.V. would support in organization and
can also help with travel costs.

Who would be interested in joining such a sprint?

Possible topics could be:

* Measuring energy efficiency of KDE software
* KEcoLab
* Sustainability gates in CI
* Running KDE software on old hardware
* Blue Angel certification
* Showing sustainability info in KDE software and web sites
* Tools to create awareness of carbon footprint
* Communication around software sustainability
* ...

You are very welcome to suggest additional topics. The agenda is wide
open and will be guided by those who are there.

It would be great, if you could let me know, if you are interested to
join the sprint, so we can make the planning a more concrete.