[KDE Eco] [CfP] Energy Devroom | FOSDEM 3-4 February 2024

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Thu Nov 16 10:49:33 GMT 2023

Call for Papers for the Energy Devroom: “Reimagining the Energy
Ecosystem through Open Source” at FOSDEM 3-4 February 2024.

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 1 December 2023

See here for details:
https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2023q4/003495.html

"""
We are seeking presentations related to energy systems and energy usage.
Project overview presentations are welcome, however tangible
applications and use-cases are preferred, as are stories and lessons for
community building in the energy industry.

We anticipate topics such as scheduling energy consumption, electric
vehicle charging infrastructure, metering and measurement systems,
microgrid controls, applications for going off-grid, and more. If you
are unsure about what direction to take a topic, please reach out so we
can assist you.

Talks should be aimed at a technical audience, but should not assume
that attendees are already familiar with your project or how it solves a
given problem. Talk proposals may cover very specific solutions to a
problem, or may be a higher level project overview, particularly for
lesser known projects. Recordings of the 2023 Energy devroom sessions
can be viewed at https://archive.fosdem.org/2023/schedule/track/energy/,
which may be useful background when preparing your proposal.
"""

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social