CPU power saving settings from KDE

Yvan Masson yvan at masson-informatique.fr
Mon Jan 2 13:37:17 GMT 2023

Hi,

This might be a bit off topic, sorry. I have not subscribed to the list.

Energy efficient software is very important, but adjusting hardware
settings to save energy is also a good thing. For example, there is
currently no way from KDE to set CPU maximum speed / CPU governor. I
believe it is one of the more useful setting with monitor brightness,
and reducing CPU speed does not risk to cause weird hardware issues
either. I think it is possible from Windows 10/11.

Regards,
Yvan