no Eco monthly meetup in October | some thoughts for future meetups

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Thu Oct 6 12:11:30 BST 2022

Hi all,

just a friendly reminder that there will *not be a monthly meetup in
October. We are slowly wrapping up the weeklong conference Akademy in
Barcelona, and it makes sense to take a break.

Also, I will be on vacation ... although others are always welcome to
organize if they have ideas, so they should not be the deciding factor :)

An idea to consider: At Akademy we had a productive 1-hour lightning
sprint which could serve as a template for future meetups. Before the
meetup we collected a list of suggested topics which we then worked out
in more detail together as a group. This would mean not always having a
speaker and a pre-defined topic for the meetups. Any thoughts on this
from the community?

BTW here are the notes from the Akademy BoF:

https://invent.kde.org/teams/eco/be4foss/-/blob/master/community-meetups/2022-10-04_bof_kde-eco.md

See you in November at the latest!

Cheers,
Joseph

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)

---
KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @BE4FOSS at mastodon.social
Mailing list: