Meetup: "Green Coding Basics" | 19 May, 19h at Betahaus, Berlin

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Mon May 9 18:03:53 BST 2022

Perhaps some here would be interested in joining this meetup organized
by Green Coding Berlin:

*Green Coding Basics - carbon savings and rebound effects for users and
web devs*

19 May, 19h at Betahaus, Berlin

Schedule:
[7:00 pm - 7:10 pm] Arrival and short Intro
[7:10 pm - 7:45 pm] Talk
[7:45 pm - 8:30 pm] Q&A and Networking

There will be food & drinks :)

> In the developer part we will highlight some techniques like
>
>     br-compression
>     static sites on cloudflare pages
>     Image compression with AVIF / webP
>     Green Hosting
>     etc.
>
> What we believe here is the unique and new view on all of these topics is that we present hard numbers regarding CO2 / Energy use of all of these techniques and also where the (potential) backlashes / rebound-effects are.

More info: https://www.green-coding.org/meetups/green-coding-basics-talk/

Cheers,
Joseph

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)

---
KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @BE4FOSS at mastodon.social
Mailing list: