KDE Eco community meetup | Wed. 13 July 19-20h CEST

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Thu Jul 7 11:56:41 BST 2022

It is already July and the 2nd Wednesday of the month is next week --
and so is our monthly KDE Eco community meetup!

_Overview_

*Topic*: Arne Tarara from Green Coding Berlin will present his team's
green metrics tool (AGPL v.3)

   https://github.com/green-coding-berlin/green-metrics-tool

*When*: Wednesday 13 July 19:00 CEST (UTC+2) (ics event attached)

*Where*: https://meet.kde.org/b/jos-l59-2i1-9yt

_Details_

The project Green Coding Berlin [1] will present their green metrics
tool (AGPL v.3) [2] to our community. Using a container-based approach,
their tool differs from the lab setup the KDE Eco community is focused
on currently. From the GitHub repository:

 > The software can orchestrate Docker containers according to a given
specification in a usage-flow.json file.

 > These containers will be setup on the host system and the testing
specification in the usage-flow will be run by sending the commands to
the containers accordingly.

 > During this process the performance metrics of the containers are
read through the stream of docker stats.

The tool looks really promising. You can find a short example of what it
does at the FEEP repository. [3]

[1] https://www.green-coding.org/
[2] https://github.com/green-coding-berlin/green-metrics-tool
[3]
https://invent.kde.org/teams/eco/feep/-/blob/master/tools/green-metrics-tool_green-coding-berlin.md

Looking forward to seeing many of you next Wednesday!

All the best,
Joseph

Notes from past meetups and Sprints can be found here:

https://invent.kde.org/joseph/be4foss/-/tree/master/community-meetups

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)

---
KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @BE4FOSS at mastodon.social
Mailing list: