Wednesday 8 Dec. 19:00 CET | KDE Eco community meetup

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Thu Dec 2 11:25:19 GMT 2021

Hi!

The 2nd Wednesday of the month is (already!) next week and this is a gentle reminder of the our regular KDE Eco community meetup -- the last meetup before the holidays.

_Overview_*When*: Wednesday 8 December, 19:00 CET (UTC+1) (ics event attached)

*Where*:https://meet.kde.org/b/jos-l59-2i1-9yt

*Topic*: Hands-on workshop on implementing Standard Usage Scenarios (SUS) -- with a presentation by Nicolas Fella on xdotool and bash

*Goal*: To have a set of tools for implementing Standard Usage Scenarios for Kate, GCompris, and others at the measure-athon Sprint in 2022

_Details_

At the last community meetup, we discussed which tools to use for emulating user behavior (Actiona, xdotool, Squish, kxmlgui, etc.) when measuring the energy consumption of Kate/GCompris at the measure-athon in early 2022.

At this month's meetup, KDE community member Nicolas Fella will present usage emulation with xdotool and bash, which is the setup used in his master's thesis. For an example with Kate, seehttps://invent.kde.org/-/snippets/1937.

A standard usage scenario reflects the typical functions of an application. Standard usage scenarios are central to measuring the energy consumption of a piece of software. The tools we learn about in this workshop will be useful when measuring KDE applications in the KDAB Berlin lab soon.

Looking forward to seeing many of you next week!

Cheers,
Joseph

Notes from past meetups can be found here:

   https://invent.kde.org/joseph/be4foss/-/tree/master/community-meetups

--
KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

Website:https://eco.kde.org