kio-extras and the KF5/KF6 period

David Redondo kde at david-redondo.de
Wed Jun 21 17:25:40 BST 2023

Am Dienstag, 20. Juni 2023, 14:52:44 CEST schrieb David Redondo:
> Harald and I prototyped another solution to build a Qt
> 5 and Qt 6 version out of the same repo and employed it on
> plasma-integration: https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-integration/-/
> merge_requests/91
> This has the advantage of having the code for both versions in
> the same place and the Qt5 version being not stuck on some old
> version. Also the translations can be shared automatically since
> they use the same catalog.
> There is one case  where Qt uses unversioned targets and one
> unversioned ecm variable but cadavidn be easily worked around.

And here is the same idea applied to building both Qt5 and Qt6 versions out of
a single src directory at the same time. The repo is smaller and nothing
duplicated so you can get a better idea of what's going on.
This looks like a good option for me for repos with little divergence between
both versions.

https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwayland-integration/-/merge_requests/45

 David