Testing of new system

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Nov 3 08:17:51 GMT 2020

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 8:52 PM Antonio Rojas <arojas at archlinux.org> wrote:

> El lunes, 26 de octubre de 2020 0:35:39 (CET), Ben Cooksley escribió:
>
> > It would be appreciated if you could please validate that both your
> access
>
> > works, and that your workflows are still able to operate on the new
> system.
>
> Hi,
>
>  It seems that rsync no longer works with wildcards. I used to do
>
> rsync -e ssh -c -h -L --progress --partial ftparchlinux at milonia.kde.org:${branch}/release-service/${dirver}/src/*.tar.xz{,.sig}
> ${SRCDEST}/
>

> to download all packages at once. This gives an error in deino:
>
> rsync: link_stat
> "/srv/archives/ftp/stable/release-service/20.08.3/src/*.tar.xz" failed: No
> such file or directory (2)
> rsync: link_stat
> "/srv/archives/ftp/stable/release-service/20.08.3/src/*.tar.xz.sig" failed:
> No such file or directory (2)
> rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors)
> (code 23) at main.c(1816) [Receiver=v3.2.3]
> rsync: [Receiver] write error: Broken pipe (32)

That is correct, as rsync itself does not support wildcards in that manner.
My understanding is that this functionality was being provided by the
underlying bash shell.

The correct behaviour here would be to use the --include or --exclude
switches to rsync to obtain the desired behaviour.

> Downloading a single package with the same command works fine.

Cheers,
Ben