Redundant packaging mailing lists

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Jul 28 19:07:52 BST 2020

El dimarts, 28 de juliol de 2020, a les 15:58:41 CEST, Nate Graham va escriure:
> Howdy folks,
>
> I just discovered that we have two mailing lists about distro packaging:
> distributions at kde.org and kde-distro-packagers at kde.org. The archives for
> both show recent activity. Feels like we should collapse one into the
> other to avoid this confusing redundancy.
>
> Any suggestions?

The announce https://dot.kde.org/2016/03/03/announcing-kde-communitys-distribution-outreach-program of distributions at kde.org says

*******
To centralize this communication, we have created distributions at kde.org. We'd encourage everyone who is interested in improving the collaboration between KDE and distributions who distribute our software to join this list. The list is not for packagers only; KDE-distro-packagers is for packaging issues.
*******

Honestly i don't really see the difference (OTOH i'm not subscribed to distributions@), but whoever created distributions@ thought it made sense for two of them to exists.

Also it says "KDE-distro-packagers is for packaging issues." which is not what the description of kde-distro-packager says, it says "This list is used to coordinate issues amongst and between KDE developers and distribution packagers. This is a public list."

If it was for me, I'd merge distributions@ into kde-distro-packagers@

Cheers,
  Albert