assign label in BQM

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 10:44:18 GMT 2024

Le sam. 23 mars 2024 à 10:49, frederic chaume
<frederic.chaume at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi
>
> just installed DK8.3 and I wanted to use the option "assign label" in BQM , to set a color label to the generated file, but seems it doesn't work. (I also try to set a rating and a pick label , same result)
> I have set the "delegate to exiftool...". What do I make wrong ?
> input file is a Jpg

Typically it must work as I tested on my computer these features.

There are bugzilla entries about unsupported yet metadata JPEG chunks
by Exiv2 when files come from specific camera models (Samsung phone if
i remember). This is a bug in Exiv2, not digiKam

> I also test other options in the BQM:
>
> "Assign a caption" in the BQM but caption not visible in the generated file(I remember it was working with 8.1)
> "Assign a tag", automatic tag is correctly generated .
>
> By the way is there a way to use automatic french tag instead of english ones?

Well not yet implemented. The AI model only generates english
keywords, but we can easily translate automatically using online
translators. Please report this wish in bugzilla.

> Is it  also possible to assign a tag from our current tag list ?

Well no. The engine voluntarily creates an auto tags hierarchy in the
/auto/ master branch, because it can generate false identification. So
a user review is required. But it misses a workflow to validate and
push an auto-tag entry in the current tags list. Please open another
file in bugzilla about this topic.

Best