AW: Archive photos to DVD (James Orr)

sebastian.beer66 at icloud.com sebastian.beer66 at icloud.com
Mon Feb 26 14:55:25 GMT 2024

I fear that there will be very few photos that survive this generation; no cd, dvd or hard drive will survive.  Our grandchildren won't have much to remember us by.

Frankly speaking, despite some fotos my father took and that are pinned as print outs to the wall in our house, the majority of the fotos my father took are also lost as they are in dia format (color transparency) which I have no projector to view them. As well as lots of Super 8 films. Some of them I have scanned by a professional company in order to have a chance to view them. But as that is expensive I will not continue with the scanning.

And when it comes to my grandfather: there are even less pictures that I have from him.

The problem, that technology develops and it is difficult to view the pictures after some years is not at all new...

BR, Sebastian