database migration in 8.3.0: missing person

Marcus Winston marcus at thechocolatehouse.net
Mon Apr 29 01:58:56 BST 2024

Hello all,

I'm using digiKam 8.3.0 on Linux (AppImage), and migrating the database
to MySQL Server on a NAS. In the process, I have found a "missing
person". That is, one of the people in my "database" (I use that term
loosely, as I'm not sure the right word) is missing. There are 2700
pictures with this person's face identified in the SQLite version of
"database". In the MySQL, after migrating it to the NAS, this person is
entirely missing. All face tags with this person are gone.

Is there any way to debug this? I don't really want to go through and
manually re-train digiKam, and manually re-label a bunch of photos. It
took me several hours to train it so far.

Thanks.

MarcusW