New user needs help migrating from Fototime software

Frédéric Da Vitoria davito9w at free.fr
Sat Oct 28 21:51:37 BST 2023

Le 28/10/2023 à 21:06, Dimitri Moursellas a écrit :

> I have been a user of another photo manager software,
> Fototime/Fotoalbum, for many years. Unfortunately, that company has
> gone out of business and I am looking for a new software package to
> migrate to. DigiKam looks pretty good.
>
> I am hoping to be able to move all the non-metadata data from Fototime
> to DigiKam and that’s what I need help with. In the DigiKam
> documentation, there is mention of that possibility by using an XMP
> file. However, Fototime only exports its data in XML or CSV format.
> Attached is the data from Fototime for just a single folder in XML
> format.
>
> Is there a way to import that XML data into DigiKam? If so, exactly how?

Hello,

I did the exact same migration for the same reason, about one year ago.
I did not ask Fototime to export anything, I just told Digikam where the
photos were stored and let him fetch the data. By default, Fototime
stores the data in the pictures themselves, so Digikam has no problem
finding it. You could simply try what I did and see what you get. The
only thing which could go wrong is accents in the tags.

--
Frédéric Da Vitoria