New user needs help migrating from Fototime software

Dimitri Moursellas dimitrimoursellas at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 28 20:06:13 BST 2023

I have been a user of another photo manager software, Fototime/Fotoalbum, for many years. Unfortunately, that company has gone out of business and I am looking for a new software package to migrate to. DigiKam looks pretty good.

I am hoping to be able to move all the non-metadata data from Fototime to DigiKam and that's what I need help with. In the DigiKam documentation, there is mention of that possibility by using an XMP file. However, Fototime only exports its data in XML or CSV format. Attached is the data from Fototime for just a single folder in XML format.

Is there a way to import that XML data into DigiKam? If so, exactly how?

Thanks a lot.