Opening the import window to my iPhone now generates edited photos?

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sat Oct 7 13:14:30 BST 2023

On samedi 7 octobre 2023 13:22:16 CEST René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> BTW, is there a way to let digiKam preserve the dates on the image files so
> they sort in order of being taken? Doing that post-hoc with an external
> utility seems unnecessary AND it won't work for videos.

The "date of image capture" should be in the image file. The date shown for a
file in the file system is the date that particular file was created (or
modified). A copy is a new file, so will have the date of the copy. Nothing
Digikam can do about that, it's a function of the operating system.

As I use only one camera, and store files in directory by date, sorting by
file name works perfectly for me. I don't know if digikam allows sorting by
capture date.