Digikam-users Digest, Vol 222, Issue 27

Grant@personalsecurity.us grant at personalsecurity.us
Mon Nov 20 21:47:05 GMT 2023

Yes, I did click the Update tool button. When I do so, it brings up the “Select Category” dialog; I click “OK”. The next dialog, which should (as you say) be the path to the external drive, is instead a path to the Mac OS “Pictures” folder (which I don’t use). When I instead select the external drive on which the files reside, and click “Open”, it brings up the “Adding Collection” dialog, asking me to name a new collection.

It’s at this point I click “Cancel”. The help file gives no clue as to what to correct course of action is. If I create a new collection, I’m assuming will not have the data I’ve painstakingly entered into the existing collection, correct?

-=[ Grant ]=-