Problems reading geo-info from .xmp files in Digikam 8.0.0

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 17:47:42 BST 2023

Before digiKam-8.0.0 we automatically looked for sidecars in the format
BASENAME.xmp (format for mostly commercial programs). Now the explicit one has
to be set in the digiKam Settings -> Metadata -> Sidecars.
[x] Ssidecar name for commercial programs => BASENAME.xmp
[ ] Sidecar name for commercial programs => BASENAME.EXT.xmp

Maik