Quantity album collections

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Fri Dec 29 10:36:26 GMT 2023

Le 29/12/2023 à 11:23, frederic chaume a écrit :
> Hi Andrew
>
> thanks for your feedback
> no issue in having one collection with 100K+ pictures  in it ?

from a simple user :-), no problem, some users have much more.
Eventually misql may be faster than sqlite?

> For the "migration" I guess I just have to delete all exiting
> collections and then creating a new one based on the parent directory ?

since some time there are tools to change collection place, but  I never
had to use them

> I suppose creating a new unique collection would take some time
> regarding the quantity of pictures , and no information will be loss
> (tags, rating, DK versions, ...) do you confirm ?

* if you save them in the images files themselves
* not sure if face tags a saved this way

my way: save all the data in the images to be sure and backup anyway the
database, then try the migration tools. Only rescan if you can't find
better way

jdd
--
https://artdagio.fr