Compiling digikam on MacOS with homebrew

Stan James stan at wanderingstan.com
Mon Dec 25 01:54:32 GMT 2023

Hello,

I'm trying to build digikam on MacOS and getting close, but having trouble
with a few dependencies. Top level, I'm wondering if there are any
write-ups about building on Mac or other places to learn from?

It looks like digikam is normally built using macports, but
unfortunately my work requires homebrew. Has anyone had success with
macports?

It can't find the libraries KF5KIO, KF5ThreadWeaver, KF5NotifyConfig,
KF5Sane, and KF5CalendarCore. For kde components I've been using this repo:
  https://github.com/KDE/homebrew-kde
But you can see from this list that it's missing some the libraries I need:
  https://github.com/KDE/homebrew-kde/blob/master/Brewfile
(And I get errors trying to install "kde-mac/kde/kf5-knotifyconfig")

The key lines when I run `./bootstrap.macports` are:

-- Could NOT find KF5KIO: found neither KF5KIOConfig.cmake nor
kf5kio-config.cmake
-- Could NOT find KF5ThreadWeaver: found neither
KF5ThreadWeaverConfig.cmake nor kf5threadweaver-config.cmake
-- Could NOT find KF5NotifyConfig: found neither
KF5NotifyConfigConfig.cmake nor kf5notifyconfig-config.cmake
-- Could NOT find KF5Sane: found neither KF5SaneConfig.cmake nor
kf5sane-config.cmake
-- Could NOT find KF5CalendarCore: found neither
KF5CalendarCoreConfig.cmake nor kf5calendarcore-config.cmake

Any pointers or help appreciated.

-Stan