Compiling digikam on MacOS with homebrew

Stan James wanderingstan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 14:50:11 GMT 2023

Hello,

I'm trying to build digikam on MacOS and am getting close, but having
trouble with a few dependencies. High-level, I'm wondering if there are any
write-ups about building on Mac or other places to learn from?

It looks like digikam is normally built using macports, but
unfortunately my work requires homebrew.

While I was able to add most dependencies, I can't find the libraries
KF5KIO, KF5ThreadWeaver, KF5NotifyConfig, KF5Sane, and KF5CalendarCore. For
kde components I've been using this repo:
  https://github.com/KDE/homebrew-kde
But you can see from this list that it's missing some the libraries I need:
  https://github.com/KDE/homebrew-kde/blob/master/Brewfile
(And I get errors trying to install "kde-mac/kde/kf5-knotifyconfig")

The key lines when I run `./bootstrap.macports` are:

-- Could NOT find KF5KIO: found neither KF5KIOConfig.cmake nor
kf5kio-config.cmake
-- Could NOT find KF5ThreadWeaver: found neither
KF5ThreadWeaverConfig.cmake nor kf5threadweaver-config.cmake
-- Could NOT find KF5NotifyConfig: found neither
KF5NotifyConfigConfig.cmake nor kf5notifyconfig-config.cmake
-- Could NOT find KF5Sane: found neither KF5SaneConfig.cmake nor
kf5sane-config.cmake
-- Could NOT find KF5CalendarCore: found neither
KF5CalendarCoreConfig.cmake nor kf5calendarcore-config.cmake

Any pointers or help appreciated.

-Stan