Is the "read metadata from files again" function in the Album menu recursive?

herve.lebrouster at orange.fr herve.lebrouster at orange.fr
Sun Dec 17 18:17:54 GMT 2023

Good evening,

I upgraded to 8.2 and it works fine.

I recovered 20,000 family photos in folders per year and sub-folders (around
a hundred).

Is the "read metadata from files again" function in the Album menu
recursive?

I tried using the Tools/Maintenance menu?

I have a great problem with duration:

I want to update the database from images

Through the Elements menu/read the metadata from the file again, selecting
340 photos from the folder, it takes me 10 minutes

Via the Tools/maintenance/ menu

• by selecting only a folder of 1700

• by choosing recursion (only way to make a folder and subfolders)

• by choosing to use all processors

• and I only have digikam open

After 3h20 I am only at 1%, I gave up

Is there a faster way to do this differently and process my photos per
folder?

Thank you for your help

Sincerely

Hervé