[SOLVED] Re: Deleting a JPG also deletes the raw photo

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 17:28:42 GMT 2023

Le mar. 5 déc. 2023 à 18:23, <noname at fastmail.net> a écrit :

> Under Configure digiKam, then Metadata, then Sidecars, I have selected Write to item and XMP Sidecar. Then, on that same page, I added "ARW NEF RW2" as Additional sidecar file extensions. Under these conditions, when I delete a JPG, digiKam also deletes the RAW file, but not the RAW thumbnail. If I remove "ARW NEF RW2" from the Additional sidecar file extensions, digiKam behaves normally.

Jay,

!!! And you are surprised to see the RAW file disappear from your computer ???

sidecar are extra text or binary files which will be used to store
metadata changes. It's not AT ALL RAW files !!!

sidecar are used to store metadata changes for read only files, such
as RAW and VIDEO.

So the behavior of your settings is unpredictable. Revert immediately.

MAik,

To prevent this crazy situation, we need to block this kind of
settings in the setup dialog...

Best

Gilles