[SOLVED] Re: Deleting a JPG also deletes the raw photo

noname at fastmail.net noname at fastmail.net
Tue Dec 5 17:22:00 GMT 2023

Under Configure digiKam, then Metadata, then Sidecars, I have selected Write to item and XMP Sidecar. Then, on that same page, I added "ARW NEF RW2" as Additional sidecar file extensions. Under these conditions, when I delete a JPG, digiKam also deletes the RAW file, but not the RAW thumbnail. If I remove "ARW NEF RW2" from the Additional sidecar file extensions, digiKam behaves normally.

Have I somehow misunderstood what it means to add additional sidecar file extensions? I was trying to see if digiKam would recognize darktable's XMP files.

Jay Rutherford