Digikam is not updating the preview or thumbnail after editing in Darktable

Andy Nesciado andy.nesciado at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 19:22:32 BST 2023

Ok, got it.
So if I want Digikam to display an "optimised" version of the photo
(including the edits made in darktable), I'd have to export/save a copy of
the edited photo f.e. as a Jpeg or a Tiff.
I thought that the embedded jpeg preview would be a reflection of the
edited photo, which would be updated by the editing program through the xmp
information.
So it seems there is no other solution than to save an extra copy (not raw)
that includes the edits.