how to enable gmic support in digikam?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 10:46:00 BST 2023

Le mer. 19 avr. 2023 à 11:41, Thomas Klausner <wiz at gatalith.at> a écrit :

> On Wed, Apr 19, 2023 at 11:26:02AM +0200, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > There is a port of GMIC-Qt for digiKam. It need to be packaged to your
> > digiKam build. Code is here :
> >
> > https://github.com/cgilles/gmic-qt
>
> Thank you!
>
> I have some more questions/comments:
>
> - What value of 'HOST' should I use for the build? "digikam"?
>   Documented are only [HOST=none|gimp|paintdotnet|8bf]

"digikam" See my build rules for the AppImage:

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/blob/master/project/bundles/3rdparty/ext_gmicqt/CMakeLists.txt#L17

> - the URLs in the README.md are still for c-koi, not cgilles
>
> - can I build gmic-qt separately or do I need to integrate it in the
>   digikam build somehow?

yes. I do it.

> - I already have a gmic_qt binary installed from the gmic package. can
>   I use a different name for this binary so that digikam will still
>   find and use it?

digiKam version compile a plugin (.so). There is no conflict possible.

> - it'd be good to have a single, complete versioned distfile to
>   download that contains what is needed to build this; or at least
>   github tags for particular versions of gmic-qt-digikam

you can use the github master code as well. It safe.

gilles caulier