how to enable gmic support in digikam?

Thomas Klausner wiz at gatalith.at
Wed Apr 19 10:41:20 BST 2023

On Wed, Apr 19, 2023 at 11:26:02AM +0200, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> There is a port of GMIC-Qt for digiKam. It need to be packaged to your
> digiKam build. Code is here :
>
> https://github.com/cgilles/gmic-qt

Thank you!

I have some more questions/comments:

- What value of 'HOST' should I use for the build? "digikam"?
  Documented are only [HOST=none|gimp|paintdotnet|8bf]

- the URLs in the README.md are still for c-koi, not cgilles

- can I build gmic-qt separately or do I need to integrate it in the
  digikam build somehow?

- I already have a gmic_qt binary installed from the gmic package. can
  I use a different name for this binary so that digikam will still
  find and use it?

- it'd be good to have a single, complete versioned distfile to
  download that contains what is needed to build this; or at least
  github tags for particular versions of gmic-qt-digikam

Cheers,
 Thomas