[digiKam-users] Tags written by Gimp not read by digiKam

Milind Joshi mmjoshi at iitbombay.org
Tue Apr 12 13:30:12 BST 2022

Can digiKam read tags written by Gimp? I have catalogs in digiKam which
contain RAW (PEF, ARW, DNG) imagesĀ  These files are tagged using digiKam
tags. I copy selected files to a different folder for editing in Gimp.
After editing these image in Gimp, I add some tags to the images in
Gimp. After adding the tags, I export these files as a tiff files.
However, when I add the files to the digiKam catalog, these tags are
missing. However, these tags can be seen in Exifview. I also tried the
option to "read tags from file option" in digiKam. Still these tags are
ignored. Is there an option that I need to turn on?

mj