Moving images using batch queue processing

Matthias Albert matthias.albert at gmx.de
Sat Mar 25 22:05:54 GMT 2017

Hi all,
has anyone had the requirement to move images to a new destination
folder which should be derived from the images' dates?

Some of my images are on a folder on SSD like this:
/home/USERNAME/Bilder/Fotos/2017/20170325/Malb-20170325-DSC_1234.jpg

I want to move them to an archive folder like that:
/media/archive/USERNAME/Bilder/Fotoarchiv/2017/20170325/Malb-20170325-DSC_1234.jpg

I would like to do this with batch queue processing. I found an option
to rename image files in a user-specific way using metadata like date or
time.

But I didn't find an option to create user-defined destination folders
derived from the image date. In the import tool, there exists such an
option, which I am using successfully. Does such an option also exist
for moving images?

Thank you
Matthias