[Digikam-users] OT: mail filter, was Re: best practice person tag hierarchy

Benjamin Girault benjamin.girault at nebux.org
Tue Mar 24 18:00:33 GMT 2015

Hi,

This sounds like a DKIP / DMARC issue. DKIP / DMARC is a server side mecanism
to verify that the server sending the email is the right one, and policies to
follow in case this server checking fails. The first problem could be the
email signing in DKIP that is broken for yahoo or gmail, but I doubt it.

The other possible problem could be that since we are here on a mailing list,
the mails are forwarded by the ML server. The problem then is that the same
sending address (here <user>@yahoo.com) is used by the ML server but sent from
kde.org instead of the yahoo.com domain, such that the DKIP check fails. The
policy given by Yahoo is to reject such emails (i.e. mark them as spam) [1].

I guess a simple test would be for Boudewijn to send an email directly to
Marie-Noëlle. If that goes through, then it is the ML / DKIP / DMARC problem
and there is not much you can do. Otherwise, I don't know.

Best,

[1] https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/yahoo-dmarc-policy-sln24050.html

--
Benjamin.