[Digikam-users] Temporarily override the 'write to file' metadata setting

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 10:25:46 GMT 2014

2014-01-31 Marie-Noƫlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com>

> Due to many Digikam freezes when using the batch tool manager, I've been
> obliged to deactivate the 'write to file' metadata setting.

However, when I want to write metadata to a couple of images - using the
> Images -> Write metadata to image menu, there is no option to override the
> general setting. So I need to modify the setting first, then do the rewrite
> metadata for pictures I want to publish, then go back to deactivate the
> setting again.
>
> Could you provide some easier option? Having different settings for batch
> tool manager and image menu, for example? Or giving the ability to override
> temporarily the setting when using the Image menu?
>
> Thanks for considering this modification.

The right question is why it freeze on your computer.

Did you tried to turn off multi-core cpu support in BQM queue settings and
see if it's better ?

Did you run digiKam in GDB and get a suitable backtrace when it freeze.
It's possible that a crash appear in Exiv2 shared lib, and not digiKam as
well. In this case the way to use Images -> Write metadata to image will
give the same king of freeze..

And easy way to disable metadata writting settings is not implemented. I
know that a bug report exist in bugzilla about this topic, but time is time
and it's missing to do all wishes.