[Digikam-users] Digikam and the KDE

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 18:00:39 BST 2011

A lots of people clam that digiKAm is too relevant of KDE and you want
to ncrease again the depency ?

We have worked hvery hard to make a database interface delegate to
image anagement. I won't to ask to others developers that we trash all
this work to replace it by Nepomuk stuff.

I don't have any idea about Nepomuk stability... I know the status of
digiKam DB interface, and it's not perfect.

Marcel as written an interface between digiKam DB and Nepomuk. It's
enough. If somebody want to improve it, why not, but we will never
replace digiKam DB by Nepomuk.

It's just my developper viewpoint of course...

Gilles Caulier