[Digikam-users] Reloading the "First time wizard"

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Fri Jul 24 14:16:55 BST 2009

At 00:40:29 on Sunday Sunday 19 July 2009, Stan Goodman
<stan.goodman at hashkedim.com> wrote:
> At 22:56:12 on Saturday Saturday 18 July 2009, Andi Clemens
>
> <andi.clemens at gmx.net> wrote:
> > If you want the wizard, remove the digikamrc file from your home
> > folder (.kde4/share/config/digikamrc).
> > If you already used digiKam, the database will be untouched. The
> > wizard will show up and you just setup the right place to the
> > database.
> >
> > Andi
>
> Thanks. Easy to find, although here the file is in ~/.kde rather than
> ~/.kde4.

Deleting this file brings up a dialog that asks me to specify a folder for
the album; it does not ask for a folder for the database.

The same is true for the Settings > Configure DigiKam notebook.

How can I specify the database folder? If the database folder is already
known to digiKam, how can I get it to share this knowledge with me?

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on