[Digikam-users] Panasonic DMC-TZ5

Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Sat Jul 18 21:06:27 BST 2009

Dear listmembers,
currently I am facing a strange behaviour of a new camera I bought. With my
old camera (Casio Exilim) I can read images, download images, delete images
whatever I like in both PTP and USB Storage Device mode.

However, with the new Panasonic Camera I cannot delete the images on the SD-
Card from within Digikam.

I thought it might be related to the somewhat old version of openSUSE 10.3 I
am using. However, connecting to a more recent openSUSE 11.1 system I found
the very same dependency. Pictures may be downloaded, visualized, whatever but
cannot be deleted. It does not matter whether the camera is operated in PTP-
mode or in USB Storage Device mode.

This is nothing user dependent, root cannot do this as well, this must be an
issue with the camera (and, no, the write protection of the SD-device is not
activated)

Any Ideas how to get around this? Anybody aware of this issue?

Thank you very much for your time,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)