[Digikam-users] Exposure Blending tool finalization...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 16:52:23 GMT 2009

2009/12/21 Goose <gclaramunt at gmail.com>:
> Wow, looks a really promising tool.
> Will be "fake HDR" generation supported? I mean, taking one raw
> photo-->generate HDR, without the need of manually extracting 3 different
> exposure images from it?

Yes HDR image is created in memory by Enfuse (all pixels components
are encoded as Float values).

You suggest to use one RAW file to create 3 different exposure photos
from it. Sorry, but this is have no sence... the sensor limitation is
not compensate by RAW. Limitation are physics : the sensor do not have
the same average that human eyes. Taking Raw photo do not solve the
problem, sensor limitation are always there.

You must take 3 different photos taken by the same camera, but with
different exposure settings. This method is called Bracketing. Photo
are taken with a very short difference of time, automatically by the
camera. In this case of course, using a tripod is better. And
bracketing is not adapted to subjects in mouvement... Landscape,
Nature, etc... are best topic for HDR...

Best