[Digikam-users] tags, rating and comments in TIFF files

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Mon Oct 22 08:38:42 BST 2007

Hi Piotr,

digikam uses exiv2 to access and write meta-data.
Support for tiff is being worked on (see http://www.exiv2.org/),
but I don't know the current status.
So to me it seems that for a proper solution to
the problem you discuss, it should be done on the level of exiv2.

Gilles, and Andreas will be able to give a more detailed account on this,
but I would suggest to get Andreas Huggel's from exiv2 opinion first,
before you start hacking ;-)
I am sure that contributions are very welcome!

Best, Arnd