[Digikam-users] Digikam slow

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 04:17:08 GMT 2007

On 08/12/2007, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the code of thumbs cache implementation:
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/extragear/kde3/graphics/digikam/digikam/pixmapmanager.h?revision=670778&view=markup
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/extragear/kde3/graphics/digikam/digikam/pixmapmanager.cpp?revision=670778&view=markup
>
> PixmapManager class use internally QCache from Qt to store thumb in memory.
> All is explained in Qt API doc
>
> http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/qcache.html
>
> Note than QCache instance is used with this constructor :
>
> QCache<QPixmap>(101, 211);

Assuming that I can build an alternative Digikam that won't risk our
valuable family photo album, I can gladly test patches that will make
the program faster (cache better) for everybody. If my particular
machine is the slowest one out there (therefore best displaying this
particular weakness), then I gladly offer it for testing.

If Gilles, Andreas, or Mikolaj want I can set you up with SSH access
to a limited (non-root) account on this slow box. Gladly. After I set
up a replacement machine for our personal use, you can even have root.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.