[Digikam-users] Invoking external scripts

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Dec 6 02:36:51 GMT 2007

I've been using gthumb to upload selected images to my webserver.
gthumb has a 'open with' option that allows me to open the image with a
xdialog-based script that I wrote that rotates the image if needed,
creates a thumbnail and a standard size, and sends them all to my
webserver via webdav.

I'd really like to use digikam since it has a lot more features than
gthumb - but I haven't been able to figure out how to invoke a shell
script from it.

All I want is to call my script thus:

blogify /imagepath/imagename

Preferably by doing something as simple as saveas or export to from a menu.

Do I need to write a plugin to do something this simple?

Thanks,

--Yan