[Decibel] Open Wengo

Mark Baker mark at usefree.org
Mon Jun 12 20:19:18 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've noticed that there has been discussion about
providing SIP telephony in Kopete and other KDE
applications. I would like to let you know about Open
Wengo, a cross-platform Voice over IP (VoIP) library
and GUI client. Open Wengo has several advantages:

* Open Wengo has strong developer and commercial
support from France's leading VoIP provider
* Open Wengo is 100% Free & Open Source software
(GPL-licensed)
* The backend library is clearly separate from the GUI
frontend, making it easy to incorporate in other
applications.
* The existing GUI frontend is Qt-based and
cross-platform (Linux, Windows, Mac OS X)

For more information, please visit:

http://OpenWengo.org/

and the Open Wengo mailinglists: