What is the use of Calligra active when it requires calligra words, sheets and stage

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Tue May 15 13:10:12 BST 2012

On 15 May 2012 13:45, Shantanu Tushar Jha <shaan7in at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Ankit Jain <ankit_1988manit at yahoo.co.in>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Calligra active requires words, sheets and stage as per-requisite to work
>> on. Then what exactly is the use of Calligra active. Can someone give me an
>> idea on this.
>>

> Calligra Active is a tablet-only UI for Calligra with focus on being
> usable on touch devices. So yea on desktop its useless, on tablets its not.

There are touch-aware desktops too. So if someone is looking for a simple
and nice app (Kids Office anyone?), it's possible to reach it also on the
desktop. It's not our main use case for now but the solution is technically
feasible.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek