[Appeal] Draft for a "vision" document (based on Aaron's initial one).

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Apr 3 23:11:39 CEST 2005

On Sunday 03 April 2005 11:59, Stephan Binner wrote:
> The length of this make me wonder how long a vision should be. Maybe not
> more than two "pages"? This reads more like a mixture of justification why
> a vision other than "creating a Unix desktop" is now necessary, a marketing
> document containing the buzz-words and an "in depth" document telling what
> concrete of the vision exists or is being worked on already now.

the "vision paper" should be reasonably brief, yes. otherwise no one will read
it. but even more importantly, i tried to stick to _just_ the things people
at the meeting had said they were working on _and_ which fit in the Appeal
Project mission. in other words, an elaboration on the "deliverables" list we
made.

we don't need to list or detail every thing each of us doing. and more
importantly, we shouldn't try and create a "KDE vision". that will get
rejected out of hand by the community, and rightfully so IMO.

we should state what Appeal will be doing directly and perhaps serve as an
inspiration and leader to other KDE projects that wish to similarly reflect
the ideals and vision of Appeal.

--
Aaron J. Seigo