[Appeal] Draft for a "vision" document (based on Aaron's initial one).

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Sun Apr 3 19:59:03 CEST 2005

On Sunday 03 April 2005 08:03, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> <Start of my draft>

The length of this make me wonder how long a vision should be. Maybe not more
than two "pages"? This reads more like a mixture of justification why a
vision other than "creating a Unix desktop" is now necessary, a marketing
document containing the buzz-words and an "in depth" document telling what
concrete of the vision exists or is being worked on already now.

The vision should imo just contain that "we strive to integrate 'best-of-its
kind' applications through cooperation and contribution into the KDE desktop"
with at most mentioning Firefox and OOo as examples rather than 10 plus many
unwritten freedesktop.org paragraphs explaining boring technical details.

Bye,
   Steve