MP3Tunes plugin in Amarok for windows?

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 14:05:12 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 7:07 AM, Casey Link <unnamedrambler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Ben,
>
> The MP3tunes plugin isn't available on windows, because the mp3tunes
> library Amarok is designed only for *nix machines. Porting it, or
> crossplatforming it is something I haven't had the time to look into,
> and won't for the foreseeable future.
>
> As the only maintainer for the MP3tunes service in Amarok, this pretty
> much means the mp3tunes plugin won't receive any major updates until
> I'm able to work on it again.
>
> Casey Link

I was thinking you were making this sound a bit dramatic, but then I
remembered Qt on Windows doesn't use the glib event loop. I guess this
is only a matter of the KDE on Windows team tweaking their build of Qt
though.

libxml2 and such are probably already on Windows, though maybe I'm
missing something.

Ian