amarok takes too long to load a playlist....

Kevin Williams kevkim55 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 02:29:57 UTC 2007

I am experiencing a problem ever since I upgraded amarok to 1.4.6. I've got
several playlists, all but one load up quickly.

The one in question has 188 mp3 and flac files. When I load this playlist,
amarok takes up all the resources and doesn't let me do anything. This goes
on for about 20 minutes.

This problem exists everytime I change to another playlist and switchback to
the problematic one.

I couldn't find anything in collection_scan.log. I don't know where to look.
As I found out from the output of 'ps', it is the amarokapp process which
takes up cpu time up to 25% and upto 95% of %MEM. Seems like, there's heavy
I/O load. I've tried using 'ionice' and setting the priority to idle but, to
no avail.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here ?

Thanks for any help

Kevin