[Feedback] ubuntu?

Patrick C patrick.pxc.c at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 01:07:39 UTC 2007

Yeah, Amarok works with Gnome. The big fuss that some users have with it is
that it uses a different toolkit to handle the GUI, and so it has to load a
different (additional) set of libraries than Gnome. Installing Amarok on
Gnome requires you to also install a few dependencies that won't be there
already (on Ubuntu, I think you have to install kdelibs, arts, and
konqueror). Don't worry about this--Synaptic will take care of it for you
automatically.

Also know that Amarok is for managing and playing music, not editing it
(which is what Ubuntu Studio is about).