FAQ update

Emilio Castro González periliocastrol at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 19:40:32 CEST 2010

2010/6/1, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org>:
> Hey Emilio :)
>
> thanks a lot for touching the FAQ. It indeed needs some love.
> Your proposed index looks good to me except this question: "5.12 Will
> Amarok 2.0 be able to use my old collection? Will my tags, rating and
> statistic be lost?". I don't think we should talk about 2.0 anymore.
> We're at 2.3.X now and 2.0 had been a long time ago. The question
> probably just needs to be made more generic.
>
> I'd say rewrite it the way you have proposed it now and then send
> another email here so people can do a quick fact checking and maybe
> add here and there if needed.
>

> Cheers
> Lydia
>
> PS: You rock ;-)
>
> --
> Lydia Pintscher
> Amarok community manager
> kde.org - amarok.kde.org - kubuntu.org
> claimid.com/nightrose

Hi, in fact question 5.12 says: Can I use Amarok 1.4 collection in
Amarok 2? ¿Will my tags, score are ratings be lost?. I made a
copy-paste without verifying it. The whole index will be the
following:
1 What is Amarok?
1.1 What are the difference between Amarok 2 and older versions?
2 Installation
2.1 ¿Can I use Amarok without KDE?
2.2 ¿Why does Amarok use kdelibs?
3 General usage
3.1 Where can I get support for Amarok?
3.2 When I start Amarok, I see an empty playlist. How do I actually
get tracks in there?
3.3 How do I remove tracks from the Playlist?
3.4 How can I load a playlist?
3.5 How can I save the current playlist?
3.6 Where's the equalizer?
3.7 How can I activate visualizations?
3.8 How do I play audio-CDs
3.9 How can I add podcasts?
3.10 Can I use Amarok to stream to my own radio station?
4 Playback Questions
4.1 What media types does Amarok support?
4.2 ¿What is Phonon? ¿What are Phonon backends?
4.3 Amarok won't play MP3's, what can I do?
4.4 I can't get any media to play in Amarok, why not?
4.5 I have a second soundcard and I'm using ALSA. How do I make Amarok
use it instead of the default?
5 General questions
5.1 What are scripts?
5.2 Can I use scripts of Amarok 1.4 in Amarok 2?
5.3 What are moodbars?
5.4 Video
5.5 Is it amaroK, AmaroK or Amarok?
5.6 How are track scores determined?
5.7 How do I manually change a track's score?
5.8 But I also want that stars system like in other players!
5.9 Can I drag and drop Amarok's applets to the Desktop?
5.10 Can I use removable media inside Amarok?
5.11 How can I save a stream?
5.12 Can I use the old Amarok's collection in Amarok 2? Will my tags,
score are ratings be lost?
5.13 Where do I find the settings for amarok?
6 Troubleshooting FAQs
6.1 How can I get a backtrace?
6.2 Amarok just freezes! How can I help get this fixed?
6.3 Collection importer fails with 'Driver not loaded' error
6.4 Amarok takes a lot of time to start
7 Development questions
7.1 How do I get a GIT version of Amarok?
7.2 Why isn't Amarok part of KDEmultimedia?
7.3 I've found a bug / I've got a great idea for Amarok!
7.4 Do you accept patches?
7.5 Why did you choose the name Amarok?

If you have any suggestion just let me know, specially with some
entries about troubleshooting and last.fm that I'm not sure if they
refer to Amarok 1 or 2

Bye