New release

Pedro de Carvalho Gomes pedrogomes81 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 11:46:07 BST 2020

Hi Myriam and others,

I have pushed the working branch to replace QTScript:
https://invent.kde.org/kde/amarok/-/tree/replace_Qtscript_with_QtQml

About my PPA, I was using 2.9.1* for the candidate packages. This may
have caused confusion, soI have changed the versioning of my snapshots
to 2.9.70*. Currently there are packages for 20.04 (focal) and 19.10
(eoan). Maybe today I'll also add one for Bionic (18.04). Feedback is
very welcome. Especially from the fix to Breadcrumb widget (for
instance, when showing directories when browsing local giles), which
wasn't merged to gitlab yet.

Finally: I strongly agree that we should release an Alpha version as
soon as possible. We should just merge the open pull requests, a
release it. I know how to create tags and so. But I don't know what
version would it be. Nor I am familiar with KDE's procedures and
announcements. Maybe you and Heiko can help me with that, and we'll be
able to have a first Alpha this weekend. What do you say?

Cheers,

Pedro