Amarok scripting port to QJSEngine concluded

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Thu Jul 23 23:36:00 BST 2020

Hi Pedro,

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 at 11:28, Pedro de Carvalho Gomes <
pedrogomes81 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,,
>
> Here follows a brief update about my work at Amarok scripting engine. I
> have ported back Amarok.Lyrics interface, and have been writing my own
> QTScript extensions. With that I plan to have previous scripts, such as
> Ultimate Lyrics, running over QJSEngine without any modification.
>
> The port of QTScript extensions is not easy; I have to do it
> class-by-class upon usage at the scripts. Therefore I will select few of
> the most popular scripts and only port the classes/methods needed by
> those. Other scripts and their requirements will be ported upon requests.

As long as you port the built-in scripts that should be enough. You can
always contact the authors of the original scripts if they would give a
hand, as most scripts are 3rd-party anyway

Finally, I ask the other member about the revision process. I know we
> have shortage of people. Still many merge requests are simply not moving
> forward.

I know, but unfortunately I can't really help with this, as I am not a
developer.

> Thus I ask if there's something I can do to speed it up, such
> as publish at Phabricator. Or even if I anyone oppose to the policy of
> merging without peer approval if no response for more than X weeks.

Since the switch to Gitlab, Phabricator should not be used anymore for new
merge requests, as https://invent.kde.org/ boards should ultimately replace
it. Also not all old merge requests are necessarily to be integrated AFAIK,
I seem to remember at least one being not exactly up to date with current
git master.

I can acknowledge your merge requests if you want though, it will just not
really be a code review. If the tests run smoothly and the merges are not
likely to break Continuous Integration I think you should go ahead.

Regards, Myriam

--
Pronouns: she/her
Proud member of the Amarok and KDE Community: