D24817: Restore scripting functionalities and Qt bindings.

Nicola Mori noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 21 16:59:32 GMT 2020

nicolamori added a comment.

  @heikobecker The bindings are extracted from the source of QCad; they are statically placed in their code base, with one folder for each Qt version; if there are more Qt versions sharing the same bindings then the bindings are present only for one version and for the other versions there are symlinks (actually the most recent ones when I extracted them were for Qt 5.5 and were used up to Qt 5.13). I don't know how they produced the bindings, probably hacking one of the half-baked ports to Qt5 of qtscriptgenerator that are found on github.

  The most important thing in my opinion is to understand if these bindings could be used also with QJSEngine (which AFAIK should replace QtScript).; I'm not able to answer this question since I don't know how they work. But if the answer yes, and if this positive answer triggers an interest in restoring the scripting functionality by porting the QtScript code to QJSEngine, then it would be useful to pursue this development by ironing out the issues you pointed out and also interacting with QCad people.

REPOSITORY
  R181 Amarok

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D24817